Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Broeverbs; the proverbial sayings of David Boevers

David Boevers, my respected colleague, is a fountainhead of wise sayings, which behind his back we call Broeverbs. Actually only I call them that. His most profound (which is acceptable for public discourse) is probably this one:

"Carnegie Mellon University is the place of 'oh-my-god-you-shoulda-been-there-last-night.'"

What this means is that this campus is absolutely chock-full of astonishing people doing astonishing things and nobody seems to know anything about it. Part of this is because everyone is very, very busy, part is because it just seems to be hard to get the word out. I'm going to contribute to this malaise by talking about the mondo coolio-bizarro stuff I experience here under that heading. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment